GAZ DE FRANCE – LOGICA
The main objective was the creation of an electronic document management (EDM) platform for the Gaz de France sales department.
Total project duration: 6 months
The total cost of the project was 1000 man-days.
Details of the project :
In order to improve the productivity of its technical-sales teams, GDF wanted to set up an electronic document management platform, providing a centralized repository containing both the various technical and sales documentation, but also the exchanges between GDF employees and customers.
Integrate as technical architect the Logica team responsible for the development of the document management application based on BEA’s Weblogic Porta platform.
Tasks performed during :
- J2EE technical expert
- Prototyping and feasibility study of the future solution,
- User workshops,
- Design and implementation of the implemented framework,
- Technical supervision of the development team,
- Development of the solution
Integration of a Logica team of 8 people.
Main characteristics of the client
Logica is a large European company specialized in consulting, systems integration and outsourcing. Present in 36 countries, it employs 39,000 people, including 9,000 in France.
It offers management consulting, technology integration and outsourcing services to its customers worldwide, including the largest companies in Europe.
Key success factors
- A real force of accompaniment: The organization of the project gives a primordial importance to the quality of the accompaniment, to make the customer benefit from the expertise and the know-how capitalized by Tana Corp on its projects of the same type.
- Consulting strength : Working in close collaboration with the client’s interlocutors during the solution design phase, as well as our experience in specific development projects has enabled us to propose the best technical and functional solutions to the client’s various problems. In addition, Tana Corp. is a driving force in the identification of functional options likely to bring high added value.
- Expertise on Web applications : The application has been developed as a Web platform to facilitate collaboration and access to information. We used our expertise in this field to create ergonomic and easy-to-use screens to maximize user productivity.
Proposed methodology to validate the project steps from a client’s point of view
Proposed project reporting
A weekly follow-up allowed us to manage this project in close collaboration with the client.
Tools chosen for the project management
Project Management: MS Project
Version and configuration tracking: SubVersion (http://subversion.tigris.org/)
Business processes covered by the solution
- Electronic document management with workflow support
What were the most difficult features to implement ?
- Implementation of an architecture allowing the creation of several front-offices intended for different populations, communicating with the same back-office.
Technical platform elements
Software package, software or development languages used
- JAVA (J2EE & J2SE),
- BEA WebLogic / Portal / Workshop,
Today, the application is in production and has led to a real gain in productivity for GDF’s sales teams.