CARREFOUR – LOGICA
The main objective was the iso-functional overhaul of the Carrefour group’s food cybermarket.
Total project duration : 3 months
The total cost of the project was 1000 man-days.
Details of the project :
Carrefour wanted to redesign its food cybermarket. In a very competitive field such as online sales, it is important to have a site that is both ergonomic and efficient. The new application must meet the same functional needs as the old one and in addition be based on a recent and efficient architecture and offer a high level of ergonomics.
Integrate as technical architect the “Ooshop” team responsible for the development of the web application for the management of Carrefour’s e-marketplace.
Tasks performed during :
- NET technical expert, developer coaching
- Development of the solution
- Load Climbing Tests
Integration of a Logica team of 10 people
Main characteristics of the client
Logica is a large European company specialized in consulting, systems integration and outsourcing. Present in 36 countries, it employs 39,000 people, including 9,000 in France.
It offers management consulting, technology integration and outsourcing services to its customers worldwide, including the largest companies in Europe.
Key success factors
- A real force of accompaniment: The organization of the project gives a primordial importance to the quality of the accompaniment, to make the customer benefit from the expertise and the know-how capitalized by Tana Corp on its projects of the same type.
- Consulting strength : Working in close collaboration with the client’s interlocutors during the solution design phase, as well as our experience in specific development projects has enabled us to propose the best technical and functional solutions to the client’s various problems. In addition, Tana Corp. is a driving force in the identification of functional options likely to bring high added value.
- Expertise on Web applications : The application has been developed as a Web platform to facilitate collaboration and access to information. We used our expertise in this field to create ergonomic and easy-to-use screens to maximize user productivity.
Business processes covered by the solution
- Secure online sales
- Virtual basket management
What were the most difficult features to implement?
Implementation of an architecture allowing the management of very complex screens that are both ergonomic and efficient. During this mission, particular attention was paid to the load tests.
Technical platform elements
Software package, software or development languages used
- Microsoft .Net Framework, C# language
- ASP.NET with AJAX
- SQL Server 2005 Express
- IIS 6 Web Server
Today, the application is in production and can be accessed at www.ooshop.com and since 2007, it is the first online supermarket in terms of traffic.